Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Your body isnt a spreadsheet

Well I really can't explain yesterday.  Sure, I walked a lot but I shed 3 lbs on the scale.  Let's run it down:


  • Workout - Cosgrove "Evil Eight" barbell complexes
  • Walking - 21,424 steps
  • Calories - 2560 - 252 Protein, 158 Carbs, 100 Fat
  • Weight - 243.6 (down 3.0 lbs)
I do want to call out a Non-Scale Victory though.  My lifting belt is a Velcro through a buckle and back onto itself sort of thing.  When I first started using it on my dead lifts (a week ago?) I could only wear it cinched, and barely at that.  If I loosened it, there wasn't any Velcro to attach it to.

Now, I can comfortably but snugly wear it fastened, then cinch it down tight when I go to lift.  That means more to me than a 3lb swing in water weight for sure.

Sleep was shit at 6:34 and very low quality.  Lots of people on very different schedules coming and going and I just couldn't settle back down.

Today was a deadlift day, and I can say this, they sure do make me look forward to power clean days.  ugh.

  • Squat - 3x5 210
  • Press - 3x5 90
  • Dead lift - 1x5 255  ( I got horizontal after these.  I was wiped out)
I can say with certainty that I'll need every walk I take today just to keep my body from going full Tin Man.  Upper back, Hamstrings, Glutes are all smoked.  My shoulders are pretty worn out too.

Since we're doing a record of events, let's just say that I'm packed and ready for the standard day

  • 8 am Breakfast - eggs, chicken, rice, spinach, coconut oil
  • 10 am Snack - Bar and Shake
  • 12 pm Lunch - chicken, stir fry veg, rice, olive oil
  • 2 pm Snack - yogurt, whey & creatine, PBFit, oat bran
That's 1955 Cal, 210 Protein, 122 Carb, 68 Fat and pretty well baked in at this point.  I rarely vary, other than to pull out the rice and added fats on Deficit weeks.

Dinner is where things can swing around a little, but generally there's just a final 600 calories and the same sort of macro split to get me to the sorts of totals I listed above.

Finally, I'll walk on the snacks, lunch, and after work before dinner and come in around 15k steps.

If every day was like today and yesterday, I'd be golden.  I just need to adhere to the above as much as possible for the rest of the week, keep it real Thursday night, and I've got a GOOD shot at starting my Deficit phase at a low body weight and not needing to go back over the same territory again.  The 240-245 zone is getting a little old.  Time for the 230's.

No comments: