Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Cardio and Appetite

I'm sticking to the plan today and so far have walked on all three opportunities.  Even with added carbs running about 150g per day, I am definitely looking for food about 75% of the way between meals.  I'm going to say that HIIT followed by a 40 minute walk, all fasted, put me "behind" the appetite curve today and I'm just going to be hungry all day.

It just goes to show that there's a very fine line when your activity levels are this high, and I"m not even doing any serious endurance work or really intense cardio. 

This is a typical Tuesday for me:

  • in the gym by 5:40am - 15 minutes HIIT doing barbell complexes
  • hit the streets for 40 minute walk ~2.4miles
  • Cook, pack, shower work by 8am (half mile walk from parking to office)
  • Eat breakfast - 8:01 and dont get in my way.
  • Mid morning Walk - about 15-20 mins and just under a mile.  This includes stairs from the 9th floor.
  • Protein shake and bar by 10am latest, after my walk usually
  • Lunch hour - 40 min, 2.2mile walk.  Eat lunch.
  • Mid afternoon walk - same as mid morning
  • PM snack - yogurt, whey, PBFit, oat bran.  3pm
  • half mile walk to the car, then after work walk as soon as I'm home, usually right around 5pm.  40 mins, 2.4 miles
I'll repeat most of this on Thursdays as well, although I have my night out with my friend and skip the after work walk.

MWF all start the day with a full hour in the gym and no morning walk..but run about the same with everything else.  Fridays I'm usually doing something social and skip the afternoon walk too.

Weekends I back off and just get a walk in once or twice...with Sundays often being a complete lay around and rest kind of day.

No comments: