Friday, May 11, 2018

Food is Fuel...Who Knew?


I've had about 1400 calories today so far and what do you know...I'm feeling like a wrung out dish rag.  Guess that's to be expected.  Note to self, get a semi decent breakfast in me before hitting the gym tomorrow morning for sure.

I've been a little carb heavy with the food that I have eaten today so I'll need to keep whatever I choose to eat this evening crisp and on point from a macros perspective. 

Right now I'm at 1401Cal, 83P,158C,55F.  So my mission is to find about 120g of protein and 20 or so grams of fat somehow.  I could probably afford a little more carbs but not too much.

Basically I need to eat a 16 oz chicken breast.  lol. 

Normally I'm not as out of balance at the end of a day and can eat a little more balanced dinner, but this is generally the sort of thinking that goes into dinner every night.  Here are the broad strokes:

I get a slab of protein that nets me 40-60 g of protein...which is a palm sized, 4oz or so, 100g portion.  Then I dress it up with some added fat if I'm good so far for the day...and then I add carbs to top off the day and round out my calories.  Usually a 1/2 cup of rice or potato.  Veggies fill out the plate.

This habit gets me to my base-baseline for total calories.  I add whole milk after that in 1/2 cup increments to top things off.  It also hits me like a dessert and makes me happy.  lol.

Anyway...the standard baseline gets me to what used to be my caloric goals, and I've been adding 60 calories every two weeks (1/2c of milk) to gently grow my metabolism.  That's part of how I've gotten from 2300 to 2700 calories during my Maintenance Phase.

Lock the meals down, toggle carbs on and off during Deficits, add milk to grow slowly.


No comments: