Monday, May 7, 2018

Starting with A Bang!!


Wow...I'm fuckin' hungry.  lol.  I guess I settled in to that glorious 2700 calorie / 175-200g Carb diet over the last two weeks huh?

People who have never really worked their bodies while in deficit before (read: most people) have never been truly hungry.  I felt it almost constantly while doing Bike Across Kansas in 2012, and during the 6 months of long distance riding I did leading up to it.  It's completely different than that bitchy "dinner is late" feeling you get when you're off schedule.  I know it when I feel it.

Anyway...I'm actually encouraged that I'm hungry already.  I didnt expect to slough off the extra glycogen stores in my muscles for at least a couple of days.  I'll be tapping straight into what I call "Waist Butter" tomorrow I think.

Interesting article today in T-Nation (ignore the gym-bro branding, they're a decent source of information) about the order in which you eat your food.

In a nutshell, a recent study shows that eating your Protein and Fat first, starchy stuff second has all sorts of metabolic and body composition benefits for Type 2 Diabetics....and if they do better, you should too.  So eat your steak first...then your potato!

Interesting read:  https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/the-protein-preload

No comments: