Friday, May 11, 2018

Successful Thursday


Weighed in at 240.4 this morning, down 0.2 or as we say in baseball, "SAFE at third!!"  No harm done.

My other body comp metrics are swinging wildly so I can't really say much other than it's likely that there is some real fat loss hiding behind some Thursday bloat.  I may find myself solidly in the 230's by Monday morning.  It would appear that there is 2-4lbs of water being retained.

I got in 15k steps yesterday, and came in right around 3000 calories.  Protein was well supported at 224g, and Carbs, while high, werent completely out of control at 210g.  Fats were a trivial 65g.

As usual, I'm ambivalent about food after a night like that so I packed light today and plan to survive mostly on coffee.  I walk down to a wonderful local place near me and get an Americano with cream and sugar every Friday as a "second cup" which is laughable given the size of the cups I use.

Activity today will be minimal as I treat Fridays like an "off" day.  I may or may not get some walking in, but frankly it's hot out there and I'm not in the mood to be in damp jeans all day.  We'll see.

I've got to figure out where/how to get my third strength training session in between now and Saturday night.  I dont want to do it Sunday and butt it up against another one the next morning on Monday.  Tonight? After I round trip to Wichita to pick up Madison tomorrow?  In between coats of paint?

I'll say this much, not upsetting a carefully laid out schedule is as powerful a motivator for me as the potential results.  It'd be a ton of work for me to tweak that spreadsheet because of a missed workout, then I'd have to re-print my warm up sheets and and and...lol.  Nerd Alert.

UPDATE: I'll be doing the Wichita run tonight and hitting the rest of my weekend fresh and uninterrupted in the morning, starting with my workout. 

No comments: