Thursday, May 3, 2018

It's good to be the king

..or at least to eat like one.  Recap time:

  • Weight - 243.6 (no change)
  • Steps - 14,251
  • Gym - Strength Training
  • Calories - 2,727
  • Protein - 260g
  • Carbs - 189g
  • Fats - 101g
  • Sleep - 7:14  "meh"
Today was a sluggish 16 mins on the Cosgrove Complexes, followed by the standard neighborhood walk.

As I've noticed, I am pretty damn hungry by the time I get to breakfast at my desk at 8 am.  I'm going to try to get my second meal in as soon as I digest this one, and see if I can't nip this in the bud.  I do NOT want to go to a birthday party hungry. (My buddy's birthday tonight will stand in for Thirsty Thursday.)

As is my normal practice, I have a planned "Off" day on Friday.  I'll walk if the muse strikes me, but generally I rest.  Saturday I'll return to the gym for my third Strength session of the week.

Bottom line: Three text book days and a strong start to a fourth.  

The nut I need to crack, as always, is the balance between my goals in the gym, and my "life balance" time with friends out in the world.  It's all good until I drink 4,000 calories of craft beer and need until Sunday to really feel like myself again.  I sure as HELL dont want to finish this Maintenance Phase having gained weight that I'll spend precious Deficit Phase time cutting.

The two weeks starting Sunday are a sprint to maximum weight loss.  I'll be suffering in the gym, I'll be slower on my walks etc.  236 lbs is my goal on May 21.  The better I hold the line now, the better that will go.

No comments: