Thursday, June 28, 2018

Additions to my Kit


As with all of my "stuff", my headband and wrist bands got stuffed away somewhere and I can't find them.  Such is life, I bought some lightweight, moisture wicking headbands on Amazon.

I also have decided that my Apple watch is great for heart rate monitoring at a basic level, but that if I want an accurate read I'm going to have to use my Wahoo Tickr chest strap and it needed a new battery.  There are times when I'm absolutely hammered during an HIIT workout and I just dont see it on the watch because of how quickly I'm spiking things, whereas a steady walk uphill will register with a higher heart rate simply because it's sustained over a longer period of time.

At my age, there isnt much room between a nice walking pump and my recommended max heart rate (220-50=170) and the last thing I want to do is be crushing 170+ with any regularity right now.

I also picked up a new pair of trainers during my "break".  Nike Free's.  I like them well enough, but I think next time I'm going to go with one of the Crossfit type multi purpose shoes.  I should have these worn out by Christmas.

Last but not least, and not yet on my radar is another set of 45lb plates.  I'm regularly working with weights over 225lbs and sometimes over 315 lbs and it's just a pain to be cobbling that together with 35's and 25's.

If I can get back in the swing of things like I want, I should be on track for a store bought squat rack by Christmas.  Titan T3 with Incline bench to be specific.  lol

https://www.titan.fitness/cages-and-racks/t-3-racks/t-3-rack-combos/titan-t-3-series-short-power-rack-combo-w-bench.html


1 comment:

Luna Bunny said...

The users of Gdax have a question about availability of BCN (Bytecoin) to trade or store. The client in this case has to move forward and take step to make a call on Gdax Customer Support and share the concerned issue to technical team. The expert members provide the easy and best solution without any delay. The service is available all round the clock.